Friday, December 29, 2006

Night at the Museum

We went into Leicester Square on the bus to watch Night at the Museum with Ben Stiller. It was packed full of "stars" i.e. Ricky Gervaise, Robin Williams, Owen Wilson, Steve Coogan, Dick Van Dyke, Mickey Rooney and some guy called Bill Cobbs. I thought it was Bill Cosby but Mr K-E soon put me right. The cinema was full of kids, who squealed with laughter when the monkey peed on Ben Stiller. Why do all kids (and some adults eg Mr K-E) love bathroom humour?

Overall Review: Fun and entertaining. Good for kids and adults who want an easy laugh. A bit over-sentimental but nothing to make you feel sick. Ben Stiller plays the same role he played in Meet the Parents. Ricky Gervaise repeats his David Brent role from the office, which is presumably for the adults. Robin Williams doesn't do anything new, but thankfully doesn't take over the movie either.
Score: 8 out of 10
Katie-Ella's highlight: Ben Stiller's Ex's new boyfriend who has an array of electronic devices strapped to his belt - phone, blackberry etc. He also appears later with one of those ridiculous mobile phone thingies in his ear.
Mr K-E's highlight: Ben Stiller.


Before the movie we had lunch at a Japanese restaurant in Chinatown. The food was OK, but the waiters were all suspiciously Chinese. Hmmm. Can't remember the name of the restaurant but it was next to See-Woo supermarket.

Then I went to Reiss in Covent Garden and spent ages in there trying on clothes. It seemed everytime I wanted to leave I would see something else...oh...I should just quickly try this on...while I'm here. Patient Mr K-E held on to my coat, handbag and various items of clothing while I shopped. Reiss is nice. Especially when it's on sale.

I need to keep away from the shops. Stop spending money Katie-Ella.

We are steadily eating our way through the chocolates we got for Christmas. We have finished the chocolate coins and reindeer, so now its on to a box of Godiva chocolates from my sister. Yummy. (Mr K-E says he can't face any more chocolate today. What a hard life.)

No comments: