Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas Parties

Mr K-E and I have been "ships passing in the night" for the last few days. We have both been very busy with work and christmas parties etc, so we haven't really had a chance to talk to each other since the weekend(!).

I have decided not to leave my job - after thinking about it over the weekend, I decided that I would really prefer to continue in the same kind of work. My bosses were pleased, and from my point of view, it was good for me as I have a pay increase too. I felt a bit bad calling W to tell him that I was turning down his offer.

Last night was my work's Christmas dinner and dance which was held at a hotel in Central London ; the Portman Hotel near Marble Arch. It was great, I spent all night on the dance floor shaking my stuff. There was drunken behavior and scandal.....all the ingredients for a great night out.

The food was nice too, it can be a bit hit-or-miss at these mass catered events. The party ended at 1am and some people were heading on to a club after, but I had work the next day. I got a cab using Zingo - it was the first time I've tried it and it's fantastic. You call Zingo on your mobile phone and they trace your location using your mobile phone. Very MI5. They then connect you directly to the nearest available cab, who (voila!) comes to pick you up. No more staggering around in painful high heels looking out for the orange taxi lights. Hooray.

(The number is 08700 700 700 by the way. I think the cab adds £1.40 for the Zingo service, but frankly that's fine when you are in the middle of London at 2am trying to get home)



Oh, the lovely sight of a London taxi with its light switched on.

No comments: