Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Day

Some old friends of Mr K-E's parents came round for a drink in the morning after church. After they left we opened our presents.

my pile of presents

This year I got
  • Two candle stick holders (I think these will go straight to the charity shop)
  • Seinfeld Season 4
  • lots of books
  • Black nail polish ( very trendy)
  • Stila lipstick palette
  • Body lotions and creams
  • a red belt
  • Star present : Amethyst ring from Mr K-E. It's a huge rock to celebrate Mr K-E's promotion. Very bling.

I love to receive books for Christmas and I can't wait to start on Debretts Girls Guide to Etiquette. (Thanks C) I have had a look through it - its glossy and divided into sections like dealing with seafood and behavior on yachts. I'm sure it will make me more elegant and charming! Ha ha ha ha.




some of my unwrapped presents

Mr K-E got lots of snowboarding stuff and we also got the usual array of chocs.

One of the most successful gifts was a box of clarets for Mr K-E's Dad. We ordered it from Berry Bros, and although it was quite pricey - it was worth it.

I also spoke to my parents, they have had a busy Christmas day in Brunei. They both sounded really tired but happy, which is good.

As there are only four of us here this year for Christmas Day, we had roast duck with stuffing instead of turkey. We had christmas pudding with brandy butter and ice cream with caramel sauce for puddings. Simple yet delicious. Now we are collapsed in front of the TV eating through piles of Turkish Delight, chocolates and roasted chestnuts. Groan, I have to stop eating........


festive table decorations


christmas pudding with brandy butter

No comments: