Sunday, April 01, 2007

Quadruple Chocolate Loaf

One of my favourite cookbooks is Nigella Lawson's Feast. I got the hardback as a Christmas present two years ago and I love it. Nigella Lawson started out as a food writer, and I enjoy reading her writing as much as I enjoy slobbering over the food pictures.

Anyway, today I tried out one of the chocolate cake recipes in her "Chocolate Cake Hall of Fame" - the Quadruple Chocolate Loaf Cake.


Mr K-E helped.


He provided all the elbow-grease as we don't have a food processor.









Chocolate part 1: the cocoa in the cake mix.











Chocolate part 2 : chunks of milk and dark chocolate added to the mix.





What it looks like when it comes out of the oven. Nigella says to use clingfilm to wrap the loaf tin, but I didn't feel happy about doing that. The clingfilm box states clearly - not for use in microwave or conventional ovens. So I just used greaseproof paper instead.





Chocolate part 3: While the cake is still in the tin, poke lots of holes in it and pour chocolate syrup all over it.

Chocolate part 4: When the cake has cooled and absorbed all the chocolate syrup, cover it in chocolate shavings.

I was so impressed that our loaf looked exactly like the picture in the book!

It's delicious by the way, but very very dense and rich. One slice was enough for me.

No comments: