Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter

I had some friends visiting this weekend so I didn't go to Easter Vigil mass as planned. We went out for dinner and drinks on Saturday night, staggering in after two in the morning.

When the alarm clock rang on Sunday morning, Mr K-E nudged me and muttered - Get up, you have to go to Mass. Unfortunately, the spirit was willing but the flesh rolled over.

Oh, well, Happy Easter everybody!

I had Simnel Cake today, which is fruit cake with marzipan on top. The 11 marzipan balls on top represent the apostles; there are 11 balls as Judas is not invited.

There is another layer of marzipan in the cake, which makes it extra yummy.







When we finally got out of bed, we went to the Imperial War Museum because there was an exhibition about Camouflage on.







I can't recommend it though, I thought it was a rip-off. I expected more about modern methods of military camouflage and "future" camouflage techniques, but it was mainly focused on WWI and WWII stuff. For £7, I want more!










I don't think this taxi is well camouflaged at all, do you?






We then wandered into the West End and had lunch at Yo Sushi. I was surprised that Virgin Megastores and HMVs were shut. I don't think I've ever seen them shut during the day!

Anyway, it's been such a busy weekend that Mr K-E has not even started eating his Easter eggs. The chocolate frenzy starts tomorrow.

No comments: