Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I hate my Boss.

I have had a really bad day at work. The worst thing is that it's not my work that's getting me down, but the attitude of people around me.

At the end of last year, there was a team re-shuffle as my team-leader was promoted and his position was filled by someone else. I don't really like my new Boss, but at the time I thought, well I'll give it a chance.

It's been 3 months, and things are not getting better.

The problem is not that he's a slave driver or that he pushes me too hard - in fact it is the opposite. I just think he's fucking lazy, promoted beyond his ability and got to his position by blind luck. It was a case of "the devil you know" and the senior management thought it would be easier to promote someone they knew, rather than hire someone new. OK, no one likes it when someone from the "outside" joins in a senior position - but does it really mean that crap people get promoted?

And his "it's not my job" philosophy is starting to permeate the entire team. OMG it literally drove me to tears today.

I can change teams - but it's quite disruptive and there's all the fallout i.e. why you want to change, is it a personality clash, are you unhappy with your work etc etc.

I just don't have any respect for him at all and frankly, I can run rings around him technically. Most of the time I deal directly with the senior management (over his head) - but I don't do that to exclude him. I'm not being arrogant, but he's just not up to supervising my work anyway. I know it, he knows it and our Directors know it. That's a big part of the problem, I think.

The only good thing is that he's not holding me back, so hopefully I'll leave him behind as I race ahead *sarcastic laugh*

Yeah, eat my dust..........

(On a more constructive note, I've given myself a deadline - 1st July. If the team dynamic doesn't sort itself out, I'm changing teams. Or changing jobs. Whatever.)

2 comments:

baz said...

hmmmm... he's not holding u bck eh? so wats the big deal?? for me, i have a boss who holds me back :(

i think its becoz he's pay is bigger than driving u nuts :p

Katie-Ella said...

Uh, the money aspect is not really important. I want a leader who is going to "lead" me on to greater things, not a Boss by name who is going to lead me nowhere. But anyway, I'm over that now.