Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Stress at work.

After blogging about enjoying the pressure at work, I felt a bit bad this morning when I heard that one of my colleagues is taking sick leave because of work-related stress.

His wife rang up this morning to say that he was suffering from stress and wouldn't be coming to work until further notice. Poor guy, I know him really well and I am sure that he is not "trying it on".

J has two young kids under the age of five and has recently moved house, taking on a bigger mortgage. He lives in Oxfordshire and commutes to London everyday. Lately we have all been busy at work, but I guess he must really be feeling the pressure. And I've heard that things were not going so well for him at home, either.

Life's not easy, is it? I hope he gets better soon.

No comments: