Sunday, March 25, 2007

Making a good impression.

On Friday morning I received an e-mail at work that said something like this:

....XX XX (the company CEO) would like to hold regular breakfast meetings with staff from different operating companies. You have been nominated to attend the first get-together. Please indicate your availability on the following dates.....

It was also copied to the MD of my operating company.

Aaaggghhh. The CEO!!! Breakfast meeting? I have serious mixed feelings about this. I asked my Director if he had put my name forward - but he didn't know anything about it. My name has either been put forward by our company's Financial Director or the UK Operations Manager.

Firstly, I am happy because this means my name is "known" in upper-management circles and that I have been identified as a future leader, mover-shaker, blah blah blah...

On the other hand, I hope I don't make a fool of myself by spraying him with croissant crumbs or spilling coffee over myself. Even worse: I have to sound knowledgeable but not arrogant, friendly but not over-familiar, confident but not boorish. All at 8:30 in the morning. Help.

Mr K-E says just don't eat too much.

No comments: