Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix

In the words of Professor Snape, I may vomit.

Mr K-E and I went to watch this last night after a brainwave. Hey, why not watch The Order of the Phoenix and then buy the final book when it goes on sale at midnight. Yes, a Harry Potter themed Friday night!

OK, I wasn't completely convinced but Mr K-E is a fan, so we went to watch the HP movie at the Odeon on Tottenham Court Road.

Boring. Yawn. Yawn.

While I was watching the movie, it occurred to me that The Order the Phoenix was the book that finally killed the Harry Potter fan in me. Firstly, the book was too long and should have had about 200 pages ripped out to make it more interesting. More importantly, JK Rowling killed off Sirius Black and I couldn't forgive her for that.

The acting is crap and the some of scenes are just painful to watch. Katie Leung as Cho Chang - Christ, they had auditions up and down the country and they couldn't find a Chinese teenager with at least some acting ability? As for the others. the producers cast these kids 4 years ago in the hope that their acting ability would develop and they would grow into their roles. Uh, they didn't.

OK, it wasn't the worst movie ever but I can't recommend it either. Go if you are really into Harry Potter (in which case you have probably seen it by now), otherwise don't bother.

No comments: