Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A New Year Resolution

Looking back at the resolutions I made for 2007; most things went well. OK, I could have gone to the gym more, cooked more, had more packed lunches etc etc but hey I'm not going to beat myself up about it.

On the whole, 2007 has been a good year for me and Mr K-E. We went to Paris and Tokyo, we both got promoted at work and we've had fun together all year.

As for 2008, I'm going to focus on what is precious to me i.e my husband and close family. It's just easy to forget that sometimes when deadlines are looming and the pressure builds up.

At the end of last year, I was drained emotionally and physically - my batteries were completely dead. After this break and a good rest i.e. lots of sleep and lazing around doing nothing; I can see that I was utterly exhausted by the end of 2007. So much so that even a promotion had me in the depths of despair. I actually cried the night that I was told; I wanted the position but felt so low about work that it seemed like a bad thing, not a good thing.

Considering that I'm back at work tomorrow, I'm feeling pretty optimistic. I'm ready to take on the extra responsibility and inevitable increased workload... it's all going to be OK :)

As for resolutions:

I resolve to spend more time and energy making the people that I love happy.

No comments: