Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Thinking about Home

Although I love London, there are things that make me feel a pang of homesickness. I was doing my daily blog-trawl when I saw a picture of Bukit Shahbandar...and oh, I felt something deep inside me longing to be there.

Bukit Shahbandar is a forest recreation park in Brunei and Mr K-E and I spent many happy evenings there, up and down the trails on those hills. Finally emerging sweaty and tired-out in the car park, where we would buy our 100-plus from the old guy and his make-shift drinks stall.

Another one of our after-work past times was swimming at the Olympic sized pool in Anggerek Desa. Swimming in that beautiful outdoor pool, so nice and cool in the hot weather, while the sun was setting...*sigh*....

I never appreciated sunsets until Mr K-E came to live in Brunei. From the bathroom window in Brunei, we have a view of our garden and the horizon beyond. It was a view that I had seen since I was a child so never really thought about it - until Mr K-E said how happy it made him, to come home from work and look out that window while taking his bath...the beautiful sunset and coconut trees and green jungles beyond.

On a cold January evening in my small London flat, I'm thinking .... maybe it's time to book that flight.

3 comments:

Brunei Foodies said...

yes you should :)

Katie-Ella said...

Yep, time to browse RBA's website...

emily.loves.bryan said...

I just found out that that bruneiair.com changes their airfare in accordance to the time. Managed to score a few good deals last few days. Hehe. Time to come home :)