Friday, February 09, 2007

Other books....

Some other books I've read recently.


A pretty fun book. With advice ranging from how to wear sunglasses while swimming (they "aid vision and add glamour to the pool") to how to use a compass; it's amusing and potentially useful at the same time.

I had to laugh at the advice on how to deal with a blocked drain.

"Unblocking drains is really yuk. This is definitely not for you, so get someone else to do this. Go out for the day and hope that the problem has been 'resolved' by the time you return."

The foreword was written by John Galliano. I'm impressed! The writer Camilla Morton is supposed to be someone big in fashion.





You always know where you are with Dean Koontz. Easy to read, entertaining and not too scary. Unfortunately, this book is just too long at over 800 pages. I reckon Mr Koontz could have trimmed off about 300 pages and the book would have been better.

Maybe once you've sold a zillion books, editors don't have any power over you. (It's the same with the Harry Potter books.)

And is it just me, or does he just love dogs?






Another old faithful, J D Robb (aka Nora Roberts in a darker, edgier mood). I read my first JD Robb last year and got into a JD Robb frenzy, reading about 10 of her books in a row. Now I've calmed down a bit and am slowly reading through her backlist, but I still love Eve Dallas. She's the kick-ass heroine I wish I could be....She's so cool.

If you haven't read any of her books, please please try them. If you grew up reading Sweet Valley High books when you were younger, and if you think Jayne Ann Krentz rocks, I'm sure you will enjoy JD Robb. I would recommend that you read them in order to get full enjoyment from the character development etc.

The first one in the series is Naked in Death. And please don't blame me if you go to the bookshop the next day and buy the next 10 books in the series.

No comments: