Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve

It's New Year's Eve, Mr KE and I have got absolutely nothing planned and it's great. We have had a lovely Christmas break, just the two of us taking it easy. I haven't even been sale shopping; haven't even been into town....which is very unlike me (contrast with last year) but oh well, I have other things on my mind! This year I have spending my money on buggies and baby clothes :)

So what have we been up to?

  • We had roast chicken for our Christmas dinner; with pigs in blankets (cocktail sausages wrapped in streaky bacon), roast potatoes, baby carrots, peas, bread sauce and gravy. No christmas pudding because Mr KE doesn't eat it and I'm not such a big fan. Instead, lots of chocolates and sweet gooey things all day.
  • On Boxing Day Mr KE went to watch our local football team with his friends while I snoozed on the sofa.
  • We have been sleeping in, going on long walks in our local parks and eating lots of indulgent food.
  • Mr KE has been DIY-ing while I watch TV ....yes, it's a hard life....
It's now 7pm, we have no plans for dinner (takeaway? forage in the fridge? just eat more chocolate?) and the lack of pressure is really relaxing. You know what I mean - it's New Year's Eve...must have a good time.....even if you get totally stressed out doing it!

Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

the baby's gonna be a boy!

(in my family, when the mum suddenly loses all the vigour and zest for shopping eventhough it's sale time, usually means a boy is coming hehehe)

time will tell! hehehe.

Katie-Ella said...

you might be right!