Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday Night

I've been meaning to make a cheesecake for ages, so today I tried this recipe. If you are trying it out, don't forget to read the tips too.

At the end of the recipe, it says to leave the cake to cool in the oven for 5 to 6 hours. *shock* Apparently this stops the cake surface from cracking. Normally I can hardly even wait for cakes to cool before pouncing on them. After 4 hours I cracked and took it out of the oven.


I don't have a roasting pan big enough to act act as a proper bain-marie so I just filled up a pan with hot water and put it on the shelf below the cake. It seemed to do the trick.



I managed to restrain myself and we had the cake for dessert after dinner. Dinner was rib-eye steak with salad, plus chips for Mr K-E. I used leftover sour cream from the cake to make a sauce with some mushrooms.










The cake was nice but not as sweet as I expected. Mr K-E has a sweet tooth and he suggested, next time double the amount of sugar. Hmmm, not sure about that.

Now I feel sick after two helpings of cake. I only have myself to blame, hahaha.

No comments: