Friday, February 27, 2009

5 things: Being a Mother

  1. Listening to a baby crying is the most emotionally draining experience in the world.
  2. You have to eat whenever you can. Because you may not get another chance to make that sandwich for a few hours!
  3. You can get used to being tired all the time. People have said that I should sleep when the baby sleeps. Good advice in theory, but in practice because I am alone during the day I can never relax enough to actually sleep. I'm always in a state of high alert in case he starts crying again.
  4. Breastfeeding makes you thirsty all the time.
  5. Despite all the crying and the feeding and the endless changing, his cute little face is still enough to make me smile and feel that everything is alright with the world.
If anyone were to ask me - is it worth it? Well, the answer is, yes without a doubt. But be sure that you are ready. Be very, very sure...because there ain't no going back!

No comments: