Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Preparing for a Siege

The news in the UK is full of credit crunches and house price collapses. If I were a nervous type of person, I would be scared but to be frank, I've gone past the point of paying attention to the scare-mongering newspapers.

Let focus on something much more important. For example, my weight. Aaaarrrgggghhhhhh!

I saw some photos of myself lately and boy, I had better get myself down to the gym. I'm eating like a marathon runner but living like a bear in hibernation. If the Japanese ever invade London (as my grandmother used to say), I'll be OK because of all my fat reserves : I don't think that will be happening soon, do you?

Is it just my family, or Chinese people, or people in SE Asia or wherever; we have this "siege mentality" that we have to stock up with lots of food and water, the fridge, freezer and cupboards should be bursting with food, because hey you never know whats going to happen and you'll be thankful that you have those 100 packets of instant noodles.

I don't know what this has to do with my expanding waistline but there must a connection somewhere. Yes, I know; eat less, do more. *sigh*

No comments: